Sunday, August 28, 2011

Taxis

We did end up taking taxis at various times.  As with many places you do feel that you’re taking a bit of a risk riding in a cab!  They tend to pass in areas which aren’t really passing zones and travel at a speed which was a bit faster than I like!  Many of the doors don’t open so the driver has to get out and open it for you.  One driver had to bungee cord the trunk after putting our luggage in.  The law is that you have to wear a seatbelt in the front which no one does.  However they all know where the police checkpoints are and always fasten the seatbelt right before going through the checkpoints.  I never did get a clear answer on the purpose of the checkpoints.  I don’t know that there is one!

No comments:

Post a Comment